Volunteering is at the heart of Cuso International’s global development efforts. We believe that people helping people is the best and most sustainable way to address the development needs of our time. If you want to be part of a movement that is making a real difference in the world, then volunteering for Cuso International is for you.
As a Cuso International volunteer, you will
- Live and work abroad in Africa, Asia, Latin America or the Caribbean.
- Work side-by-side with local people and organizations.
- Share your skills, creativity and learning to achieve common goals.
- Contribute in advancing sustainable development.
- Gain unique insights into the reality of life in other countries and communities.
- Attain valuable professional experience and develop the cross-cultural understanding essential for success in a globalized world.
Is volunteering right for you?
Watch a video that outlines the qualifications we’re looking for and what you can expect as a volunteer.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEERS & PLACEMENTS
Every year, Cuso International places hundreds of highly skilled volunteers in a wide variety of projects at home and around the world.
Types of volunteers include
Types of projects include
- Mentoring and advising local entrepreneurs and working with Youth Employment Centres to help build sustainable livelihoods.
- Providing business expertise in industries such as agriculture, food processing, professional services and eco-tourism to strengthen economic growth.
- Providing natural resource management expertise for initiatives such as the Model Forests Project.
- Building the capacity of community health organizations to improve accessibility.
- Providing expertise to strengthen civil society organizations, support judicial reform and improve access to justice.
View current placements
Be alerted to new placements
MAKE A DONATION
Help Cuso International send more highly skilled volunteers where they’re needed most.